7 Effective Link Building Strategies: –
- Link building options have been limited for years.
- Google is now imposing tighter guidelines on adhering to the natural ways of earning links, focusing more on building quality content that other websites decide to link to.
- Only websites that are already authorized can get links from generating content because it is easy to rank their target keywords.
- Guest posting is one of the most popular link building techniques in SEOs and is subject to Google scrutiny as they view it as an unnatural way to earn links.
- Google has released guidelines on how to properly attribute links to help identify their usefulness.
Here are some commonly used but effective methods:
1. Additional reading:
- Some blogs provide the relevant content or additional reading at the end of the article, which recommends resources from other websites that the reader may also want to check out.
- Content is as valuable as they say it is easy to pitch to these websites if it is aligned with the original article.
- The key here is to provide anything other than the main article and other recommended content but without providing the same content.
2. Resources / References:
- The process also involves searching for relevant articles in which the content is also cited.
- This technology works for content such as the definition of terms, final guidelines, history and timelines and other content about facts, concepts, theories and principles.
3. Re-creating outdated content:
- Skyscraper technology is widely used and inefficient.
- One reason it doesn’t work is that most people who use it always aim to beat well-written content.
- Most of the time, the author links to another content as a reference to a small piece of information, which means that providing content with multiple images or videos will not add value to them or their readers.
- For these authors and editors, the idea of providing an attempt to replace links is not worth the effort.
- New data and guidelines are introduced almost every year for some industries, especially those dealing with technologies.
There are two ways to find opportunities to use ahrefs Content Explorer or other similar tools.
- Make sure the website does not publish a new version of the article.
- Next, check out other websites that link to that old content.
- The other is to search manually for articles that mention old information.
- Check if it has multiple links and if the website does not publish a new version of the article.
4. Compiling stats:
- Most content marketers think statistics additives are boring, but in reality, they are very valuable.
- Use statistics to back up experts, their presentations and proposals.
- Content writers use statistics to make their articles more credible.
5. Creating Stock Images, Symbols, Vectors:
- Many content authors rely on stock photo sites to supplement images for their blogs.
- Most blogs end up with boring photos that are not relevant to the topic of the article.
- If the team includes graphic designers or photographers, create unique stock images, icons or vector images that can be used by other blogs.
- This is especially helpful for industries, products or services that are under-represented on stock photo sites.
- Create vectors or symbols for concepts specific to the niche.
- Make sure the design is labelled with a Creative Commons license so that it can be shown as reusable creative works in Google Image Search.
- It also makes it easier to track sites that use images if they are not linked back to the website.
6. Targeting blogs and authors who are constantly republished:
- Some websites may republish or syndicate their content through other websites.
- By getting links from these websites, you can get more links with less effort and time.
- Find these websites or authors in the industry. And then, find a way to get the link by getting the link, doing the interview, providing the infographic or collaborating on the content.
- wordstream is a very popular website in the marketing industry and the article offers a lot of value.
- Although Google discourages guest posting, accepting them is not against the terms.
- Think of the Website as a legitimate publisher that is always on the lookout for great collaborators who can provide valuable information through the articles they post on the Website.
- If the site has the proper authority, it may have adopted some guest post pitches.
- To receive more pitches, create the Contributor Guidelines page.
- Many of these active contributors already have a well-established audience without writing any other credible articles, promoting their guest posts means promoting your website as well.