Comparison of Facebook, Microsoft and Google Ads: –
Learn about sentiment, landing page quality, and increased ad spend impact PPC performance.
If one has chosen between Facebook and Google Ads to promote SMEs, Facebook is the best option.
Compared to Microsoft Advertising and Google Ads, Google provides greater reach at a lower cost.
Participants analyzed how images, sentiment, and language affected click-through rates (CTR) across the top three online advertising platforms.
Landing page quality affected conversion rates and revealed new CPC and CPM benchmarks for Facebook, Microsoft, and Google Ads.
Factors that most influence ad performance:
The researchers found that each of the major online ad platforms has its strengths:
- Facebook ads were the most profitable channel on average.
- Microsoft Ads was more responsive to the increase in ad spend.
- Google Ads had the greatest reach for the least cost.
CPM and CPC differ on Facebook, Microsoft, and Google Ads:
Dependent on determining this connection between channel and cost KPIs, the researchers looked up the CPM and average CPC on Google, Facebook, and Microsoft Ads.
Microsoft Advertising had the highest median CPM and CPC, but researchers advise it to be the best option for targeting wealthy customers.
Increased ad spend affects ROAS:
It’s a common problem in digital advertising – spending too much is wasteful, but spending too little may not pay off.
The researchers used regression analysis to determine whether increasing ad spend also increases the number of impressions and clicks.
Microsoft Advertising showed the highest ROAS for increasing the budget in terms of impressions, a good metric for brand awareness campaigns.
All three platforms performed similarly in terms of increased clicks, with Microsoft and Google Ads slightly ahead of Facebook ads.
Advertisers can optimize their return on ad spend (ROAS) by refining ads to capitalize on the impact of sentiment.
The quality of the landing page had the biggest impact on conversion.
These best practices included using HTTPS, displaying images with correct aspect ratios, delivering images at the appropriate resolution, and avoiding a location request on page load.
Optimization best practices outperformed page load speed as the most important factor in driving conversions.
Top Landing Page Factors Studies (Best Practices, SEO, Performance, and Accessibility) identified content quality, calls to action, and landing page PPC as impactful for improving conversion.
Key takeaways from Facebook Ads v. Microsoft Advertising v. Google Ads Comparison.
- Facebook is, on average, the most profitable channel for SMEs.
- Ads with positive sentiment perform better on Microsoft, and negative sentiment performs better on Google Ads.
- Best practices were the most important conversion element for landing pages, followed by SEO (titles and meta descriptions, valid robots.txt, ensuring links are crawlable, etc.).
- Very few advertisers are maximizing their conversion opportunities, leaving many opportunities to improve ROAS through landing page optimization.