Develop a Successful Video Marketing Strategy and Plan: –
- More than 71% of B2B marketers currently include videos in their marketing mix.
- For organizations looking for ways to improve their content marketing, videos can be a great addition.
Video marketing strategy:
- Use buyer personas to gain more information and understanding of the types of videos that the audience would want to consume.
- Demographic, behavioural, and psychographic characteristics, along with insights into buyer persona pain points and goals, are particularly instructive as to what types of videos and thematic approaches make the most sense.
Establish a plan:
- It is difficult to create videos without a detailed plan.
- Start with a video summary that articulates the target audience, calls to action, distribution channels, source of hosting, estimated/desired duration, voice and style considerations, and any special resources required.
- Then use this information to build a timeline that includes elements of pre-production (eg, scriptwriting), production (eg, actual shooting), and post-production (eg, editing and publishing).
Data and analysis:
- Once the videos are published, it is important to understand how well they are performing.
- While there are a variety of data that can be collected.
- These are some of the most important metrics for videos.
Points of view:
- The number of video views indicates how many people a video reaches and what kind of interest it is earning.
- Observe daily display metrics for spikes or dips and track total display trends over time.
- Consider factors related to where each video was promoted, what topics they focused on, and how long it has been in place.
- Of those who saw the video, how was the engagement?
- Did they like it, share it or comment on it?
- If on YouTube, what is the thumb up and thumb down click-through ratio?
- Collecting and analyzing engagement can inform actions that will drive more viewer engagement.
- The amount of time someone spends on video matters.
- What percentage views the video in its entirety.
- At what point do most of the others come out?
- Different audiences and different topics will demand different lengths.
- Use the data to help find what is right for the audience.
Objectives of video marketing:
Each video must be produced with clear and documented objectives in mind.
- Value-added videos can keep audiences coming back again and again.
- Every useful video increases one’s credibility.
- The more the audience trusts, the more their content consumption increases and the likelihood of becoming a buyer increases.
Generate valuable traffic:
- Adding videos to the website can increase the chances of appearing on the first page of Google by 53 times.
- It also helps visitors stay on a web page longer once they get there.
- One of the most important aspects of video marketing is helping the audience win.
- knowledge of a topic, brand, product or service offering. 79% of consumers prefer to watch a video to learn about a product.
Videos on the buyer’s journey:
A variety of types of videos are essential to cater for each stage of the buyer’s journey.
Here are some examples of video content that can be created and distributed to the audience.
- Address the audience’s pain points and start building awareness and trust.
- Short videos that emphasize the values, culture and mission of the brand.
- Intellectual leadership videos.
- Educational how-to videos that address common trouble spots.
- Explore focused content looking for solutions and alternative paths.
- Promotional videos on the website.
- Additional videos that emphasize the brand and culture.
- Limit key benefits, product comparisons, and results.
- More detailed instructional/educational videos.
- Customer testimonials.
- In-depth product demos.
- Personalized videos that explain them directly and their weak points.
- Show how one can achieve even more.
- Detailed how-to videos to get the most out of the product/service or tips to help to simplify something.
- Customer-only webinars/videos provide them with focused content that only they can consume.
- Continue to build a positive brand reputation and community involvement.
- Additional webinars that are industry or topic-specific to provide even more information.
- Exclusive content that only buyers can view, either at a free cost or an advance before others.
- Videos are an interesting and exciting form of content that can enhance the content marketing strategy and mix.
- Using these strategies and tips can help deliver the most relevant and optimized videos to the audiences most important to the organization.