Extend campaigns with personalized marketing: –
- 77% of people choose, recommend and pay more for brands that provide personalized experiences.
- When people interact with the company, they want a personalized experience, tailored to their needs.
- Use data to personalize marketing and improve customer experience and engagement.
- Personalized marketing leverages behavioural and demographic data to provide individualized messages and product offerings.
- Personalized marketing allows creating unique experiences for each client.
Companies use personalized marketing:
- Many companies struggle to implement personalized marketing plans.
- 5% of companies believe that they customize extensively.
- 10% of retailers think they are very effective at using personalization.
- Email marketing is one of the best methods to create personalized campaigns that generate results.
- 70% of brands don’t use personalized emails despite six times higher transaction fees.
- Many companies fail to personalize their marketing.
So they have an incredible opportunity to stand out and reach more customers by personalizing the strategy.
Importance of personalized marketing:
Personalized marketing offers a number of benefits for the company:
1. Improve the customer experience:
- Have received an email or marketing content promoting products that have no interest in buying?
- Probably deleted the message or unsubscribed.
- 74% of customers are frustrated when they receive marketing content that is irrelevant to their interests.
- If people buy, need to tailor the marketing messages to their needs and interests.
- An estimated 79% of consumers take advantage of brand promotions only if they adapt to past interactions with the brand.
- By going the extra mile and personalizing the marketing, enhance customers’ experience with the business and encourage them to buy.
2. Increase conversions:
Speaking of encouraging purchases, personalized marketing increases conversion rates.
- 15% of companies increase their revenue by matching customer behaviour with products.
- 77% of people choose, recommend or pay more for brands that provide a personalized experience.
- 78% of US internet users said personalized marketing content increases purchase intent.
The proof is in the pudding or the proof is in the personalization.
Tailoring communication and products to customer needs and interests drives sales and ultimately revenue for the business.
3. Boost the positive perception of the business:
Personalized marketing makes customers feel valued and influences their opinion of the brand.
The statistics show how much-personalized marketing influences the perception of the business.
- 63% of consumers think more positively about a brand that provides them with content that is valuable, interesting, or relevant to them.
- 87% said that personally relevant content positively influences how they feel about a brand.
- Individual customers are 40% more willing to buy from providers who have tailored content for their specific needs.
Personalized marketing is a great way to let customers know that care and are willing to go the extra mile to meet their needs.
Businesses that do not use personalized marketing experience consequences that negatively impact their campaigns.
Loss of interest: 29% of people are less likely to buy from companies that send generic mass production emails.
Unsubscribe: 54% of people unsubscribe if email campaigns are not personalized.
Annoyance: 63% of people get annoyed with outdated generic email strategies
Delete emails: 68% of people automatically delete emails with irrelevant marketing content.
The lack of customization leaves lasting impacts.
Without personalized marketing, they risk losing subscribers, losing conversions, and annoying the audience.
Use of data for personalized marketing:
- 54% target customers based on page views.
- 56% are targeting customers based on demographics.
- 60% target customers based on location.
For example, if someone views a page on an e-commerce site, they can deduce that they are interested in that particular product or service.
With this information, follow up with personalized emails that contain more information about that particular product.
If collecting and interpreting data to seem like a challenge, the audience is really willing to share data in exchange for a better experience.
In fact, 58% of people are comfortable sharing their shopping interests and behaviours for a more personalized experience.
Tools like Google Analytics allow them to leverage demographic and behavioural data to create personalized marketing campaigns that resonate with customers.
Examples of successful personalized marketing:
Although many companies struggle to use personalized marketing, several brands have successfully implemented personalized campaigns.
- 7% of young adult consumption of Coca-Cola came from its “Share a Coke” campaign.
- 35% of Amazon sales are directly related to personalized product suggestions based on past purchasing behaviour.
- 50% of Spartan Race website traffic comes from targeted emails that are personalized based on location.
- 75% of Netflix’s viewer activity is driven by its recommendation algorithm.
Each of these companies found creative ways to use personalized marketing and tailor campaigns to individual customers.
Coca-Cola and the Spartan Race used demographic information to personalize their marketing campaigns, while Amazon and Netflix personalize their campaigns based on behaviour.
Need inspiration, feel free to click the links above to learn more about how these companies improved conversions by using data to personalize their marketing.
5 tips to personalize the marketing:
To get started with personalized marketing,
Check out these tips!
1. Create a real-time interaction:
Retailers using real-time personalization increase ROI 6x.
Real-time personalization enables to automatically deliver personalized content to visitors.
For example, they could deliver content to the audience based on their location.
If they are located in a certain city, they can send them information about sales or company events taking place near them.
2. Create custom CTAs:
Personalized calls to action have a huge impact on the audience. They have a 42% higher view-to-send rate than generic calls-to-action that apply to all users.
This is another instance where they could use the location of the audience.
3. Customize promotions on the home page:
Customizing the homepage promotions can have a big impact on conversion rates.
In fact, personalized promotions on the homepage influenced 85% of people to buy.
Use a person’s location, interests, and past behaviour to customize the home page for them.
With programs like MarketingCloudFX, it is easy to customize the content of the site.
They can create custom pages that allow them to tailor the site to each visitor.
4. Customize the shopping cart recommendations:
Adding personalized shopping cart recommendations is a great way to encourage purchases.
When people are already buying products from the company, it is an opportunity to add them to the cart.
A whopping 92% of people say that shopping cart recommendations entice them to buy.
5. Customize the email subject lines:
Emails with custom subject lines are 26% more likely to be opened by consumers.
Customizing email subject lines is an easy way to encourage subscribers to open the emails and learn more about the products.
For example, add a subscriber’s name to the subject line and tailor the content to a product that they are likely interested in buying.
Get started with personalized marketing:
Personalized marketing is a powerful strategy to improve the customer experience and drive conversions for the business.