Essential Business SEO Trends: –
The role of business SEO in all types of businesses and industries has become the number one focus area.
As the most cost-effective way for people to discover products and services, SEO has also evolved to become a critical strategic channel that provides information on consumer behaviour and customer intent in all areas of a business.
Enterprise SEO involves managing SEO at scale, usually within or for organizations that have large websites and a wide range of products and services.
Large brands with multiple departments and infrastructures are typical examples of organizations using business SEO technology and implementing basic principles in the business.
Business SEO also involves stakeholder management, planning and strategy, and alignment with corporate goals.
This will involve:
- Enhancement of broader departmental and cross-channel collaboration.
- Advance reporting and workflow systems and processes.
- Using data and knowledge in real-time.
- Embrace and work with AI technology and automation.
Challenges in business SEO can vary from organization to organization.
However, the common is in areas such as executive buy-in, internal collaboration, and broader digital integration (showing impact).
With last year’s challenge comes next year’s opportunity, and with that in mind, let’s dive into the 5 key areas of focus to consider when planning your business SEO strategy for next year.
1. Keeping up with search updates, best practices, and search engine algorithms:
One of the biggest challenges any type of SEO marketer faces is keeping up with the changes.
For business SEO marketers, algorithmic upgrades and change are a double-edged sword that includes:
- React, correct and optimize: act.
- Translate the business impact to the organization.
Large deployments such as the Page Experience upgrade and Core Web Vitals sparked a renaissance in the need for technical SEO.
The revival of E-A-T principles was also of colossal importance to the company.
Google’s introduction of its Unified Multitasking Model (MUM) will mean that business marketers from all digital disciplines will have intent queries factored into content types to reduce the visibility of low-quality content.
Content and need for contextual relevance.
In particular, the focus on proving that content is trustworthy and credible became vital for business SEO professionals looking to show business impact in the form of brand equity and revenue.
With such a speed of change, business SEOs must turn to technology to help them track change, respond, and take action.
The best way to stay ahead of change is to ensure a proactive approach to content and technical SEO with Core Web Vitals.
- Content creation. Focus on category pages and content (especially for e-commerce sites).
- The health and structure of the website, including navigation and architecture.
- Pages and loading speed for mobile and desktop devices.
- Technology, real-time insights and automation.
2. Increases in the adoption of automation:
52% (out of a survey base of 1,000) of organizations have accelerated AI adoption.
Additionally, routine task automation was “ranked” in the top 5 applications.
For some SEO professionals, especially if they manage through multi-point solutions, word automation has been seen as a threat to their work.
Automation is helping leading brands and organizations keep up with changes and acting as a virtual SEO partner.
For business SEO in 2022, automation will be essential to scale.
In 2022, look to automation to help on three levels:
L1: Monitoring and detection
- Anomalies in SERPS results.
- Team report on rankings and traffic.
- Links and backlink profiles.
- SEO audits.
L2: manual SEO
- Data collection with a regular cadence.
- Advanced keyword intent research.
- Supply link.
- Content optimization.
L3: Insights and automated action.
- Analysis of larger data sets in real-time.
- Content and multi-site (large) audits.
- Website and link bug fixes.
- Decision making in real-time.
3. The growing importance of data as business intelligence:
Trends in consumer preferences and behaviours are reflected in how searches are conducted.
Also, digital innovations and content creation trends are reflected in search.
An increase in the use and importance of search data as a source of vital business intelligence.
According to Salesforce, more than half of marketers believe that data and intelligence are among the most important factors driving marketing performance, a key KPI for the enterprise search marketer.
SEO data collected and analyzed at scale can provide marketers with a much broader range of consumer information.
It can help with understanding:
- Interests in trending products, for example, [rainwear].
- Needs and frustrations, for example [how to prevent clothes from leaking].
- Product preferences, eg [fluorescent rainwear].
- Immediately, for example, [rainwear in stock].
Search Business Intelligence can help organizations accurately identify what matters most to them and their industry.
It can also help business SEOs see trends at the macro/industry and granular / category level.
In 2022, business marketers must do better at showing the value of business intelligence insights to drive business benefits across their organization.
- Improve brand awareness.
- Provide feedback and information on product marketing for future launches.
- Creation of inbound and outbound lead generation campaigns.
- Provide sales teams on market trends.
- Feed digital and content teams based on intent and content / SERP types.
- Work with PR teams in media and article and link optimization.
4. Greater integration with paid and digital search:
Business SEO marketers cannot work in silos.
To meet business goals and objectives, working in digital and paid search teams is essential.
The synergy of SEO and PPC used to be an inevitable conflict in enterprise-level search organizations.
With over 80% of search traffic coming from SEO and PPC, there can be no conflict for:
- Use SEO insights to inform PPC.
- Use PPC to fill in the immediate (short-term) gaps for high-value keywords and pages.
- Increase local and mobile performance with SEO and PPC.
- Share insights across both channels and with digital stakeholders.
Make sure SEO and PPC are closely aligned to maximize visibility and discovery in the SERPs.
This helps appeal to the specific needs of high-intention seekers and the people who matter.
In terms of digital, SEO is changing to be the focal point of digital campaigns. Insights can drive strategies through email, screen, voice, and video.
In 2022, the role of business SEO will expand to ensure that searchability is a goal of all digital content.
Additionally, advancements in business technology (automated insights) allow digital marketers, who may not be as knowledgeable as pure technical SEO, to understand business impact.
As a result, digital marketers are making major changes in the use of SEO technology.
This is helping them to stop relying on lengthy experiments and tests based on theories and inaccurate information.
5. The provision of experiences and total services:
Business SEO extends beyond simple optimization.
Develop cross-departmental management, use of business acumen, and results in management across the company.
Business SEO involves the management of experiences that can include:
- Recruitment and retention of personnel.
- Staff management.
- Adoption and use of technology.
- Professional advisory services.
- Management of internal and external accounts.
- Optimization of multiple experiences and digital assets.
Business SEO management will involve a deeper focus on:
- SEO, content and digital training and certification in all organizations.
- Alignment of CEO, CMO and SEO in objectives and results.
- Training and management of technologies and platforms.
- Evangelization of results, both internally and externally.
- Greater collaboration with IT and development.
Many organizations do this by creating a Business SEO Center of Excellence.
The year 2022 will be one of the great opportunities for business SEO.
New opportunities will open up as numerous search entry points grow, ranging from smart TVs and connected devices (IoT) to smartphones.
To meet consumer needs and align with internal business goals, see a shift in companies using point-solution tools that serve only one purpose.
Instead, enterprise SEOs need enterprise-grade platforms that provide end-to-end solutions to all of their business needs, including secure and reliable data sources, productivity, workflow, and broader digital marketing capabilities.
So in 2022, consumers will expect smooth online experiences, and SEOs will need to find new ways to move faster:
- Stay on top of technical optimization, quality, and cadence of content.
- Using the business intelligence at your disposal, across the enterprise.
- Focusing on the total user experience, in all parts of the customer journey.
- Adoption of automation – to scale operations and improve efficiency.
All the trends will help guide the success of business SEO in 2022!