Google Ads New Performance Maximum Features: –
- When the migration to performance max campaigns began, Google announced new features available for this type of campaign.
- It’s no secret that Google is promoting Performance Max campaigns against advertisers.
- Performance Max campaigns will replace smart shopping and local campaigns by the end of 2022.
- As the new type of campaign emerges as one of the new standards, Google is adding new features to help advertisers with this big change.
- Google has announced the release of three new features.
These features include:
- New customer acquisition target type.
- Consumer interest insights.
- One-click upgrade tool.
Customer Acquisition Goal:
- Customer acquisition targets have become available with the launch of smart shopping campaigns.
- With the forced move to Performance Max, Google is now making it available for that type of campaign.
The goal type allows to do one of two things:
- Bid on more new customers similar to existing ones.
- While maintaining cost-effectiveness, focus on optimization only for new customers.
Customer Interest Insights:
- Google is releasing customer insights of interest on the insights page in Google Ads.
- This update allows viewing search themes that drive conversions.
- Launching Google Asset Audience Insights.
One-click upgrade tool:
- Google is releasing the upgrade tool in stages.
- Access this tool from the Recommendations page and the Campaigns page.
- Roll out begins with smart shopping campaigns.
- When they use the tool to migrate, the related campaigns become a new and unique performance maximizing campaign.
- All budgets, settings and practices will be transferred from previous campaigns.
Customers have multiple devices and interact with brands across multiple channels.
- Google understands that the customer journey landscape has changed.
- These new features of Performance Max are aimed at finding the right mix of inventory and ad formats to get the best results.
- Although the one-click feature is intended to make the lives of advertisers easier, it is definitely aimed at new marketers.
- Experienced marketers have a new type of campaign, as well as mixed feelings on mixed results.
- While the one-click tool is beneficial, have more insights by experiencing the performance max setup live.