Google Product Reviews Update will be streamed live in search results: –
- Google is releasing an update to the search ranking algorithm designed to reward product reviews with in-depth research.
- Google has launched Product Reviews Search Algorithm Update, designed to rank deeper content that is better researched than abbreviated product summaries.
- This update specifically targets product reviews.
Product review update designed to reward content that users find most helpful:
- Google Search always works to show the most useful and helpful information possible through testing, experimentation and review processes.
- Sites that publish product reviews should carefully monitor their traffic.
- The algorithm update is broadcast live, which means site owners can already see fluctuations in traffic and rankings.
- Any sudden spike or decrease in search traffic indicates that the site has been affected by an update of product reviews.
- Regardless of any changes in traffic, site owners should add citations to Google Analytics and other monitoring tools to indicate that product updates are being streamed live.
- Product Reviews Update focuses on providing content that provides consumers with insightful analysis and original research.
- With this update, Google Search aims to prioritize product reviews written by experts or enthusiasts who are familiar with the topic.
- Site owners who believe they have been impressed by the product review update should look to Google for advice on creating better content.
Try to review the content objectively and ask if the site’s product has been reviewed:
- Inform expert knowledge about products where appropriate?
- Want to show how a product physically exists or how it is used with unique content provided by the manufacturer?
- Provide quantitative measurements of how the product measures different categories of performance?
- Explain what sets the product apart from its competitors?
- Cover comparable products to consider or describe which products may be best suited for specific uses or situations?
- Discuss its advantages and disadvantages based on research on a particular product?
- Describe how the product evolved from previous models or releases to provide improvements, resolve issues or assist customers in purchasing decisions making?
- Identify key decision-making factors related to the product category and how production works in those areas?
- Explain the key options in how the product is designed and how it will have an impact on consumers rather than what the manufacturer says?
Recommendations are consistent with Google’s goal of rewarding the most useful product reviews.
- If the reviews only contain brief summaries of the products, it will be difficult to rank in the search results.
- Reviews with concise summaries of products usually appear on affiliate sites that focus more on getting quick commissions than delivering real value to customers.
- Site owners should publish comprehensive analyzes of products, including comparisons to similar products and comparisons with previous iterations of the same product.
- Provide quantitative analysis whenever possible, such as speed test results and other data that may help customers make a purchase decision when reviewing a computer.
- Google pays close attention to whether the review provides information beyond what the manufacturer provides.
- Do not go to the product page and overwrite existing ones on the web.
New Google Algorithm update targets product reviews:
Google Product Review Algorithm releases updates, adding new criteria to initialized updates.
Google has launched a third product review algorithm update in search results that generates product review updates.
With the product algorithm update rollout, Google is publishing new guidelines on how to write reviews to match the search engine quality threshold.
Google recommends the following criteria when creating product reviews:
- Include useful in-depth details such as the advantages or disadvantages of a particular item, specifics about how the product works or how the product differs from previous versions.
- Come from the people who actually used the products and show how the product is physically present or used
- Include more specific information, such as links to other content describing the manufacturer’s visuals, audio or reviewer experience.
- Cover comparable products or describe what sets a product apart from its competitors.
Google guide for reviews with multiple products.
Since the first product algorithm update was launched it is not always clear whether this applies to reviews of singular products or to reviews containing multiple product lists.
Write multiple product reviews with the intention of recommending the “best” product overall, then Google will have additional guidance.
When recommending a product as a whole or best for a specific purpose,
Be sure to include the following information in the review:
- What sets the product apart from others in the market.
- Why is the product specifically suited for its recommended purpose?
Google adds that even if the products are reviewed in a ranked list, it is best to create personalized reviews for them.
Choose to create multiple reviews, making sure each of them has enough useful content to stand on its own.
Do not repeat the points already made.