Issues related to each digital marketing strategy: –
There are thousands of potential digital marketing strategies.
Four key elements are essential to every digital marketing strategy.
1. Ideal Customer Profile (ICP):
Any great digital marketing strategy begins with research into the key possibilities for creating ICP’s ideal customer profile.
- Geographical area.
- The main problem they face.
This data can be easily retrieved from existing customers.
Otherwise, pay for market research services, do keyword research, or even participate in online forums where customers gather.
Knowing this demographic data as much as possible. Knowing this data allows us to clearly predict the future.
2. Clearly defined customer journey:
Be careful not to fall into the trap of creating marketing assets.
Also known as the Sales Funnel, customer travel is a series of planned steps that take the ideal opportunity before becoming a customer.
The customer journey consists of four basic steps:
- The prospect is not aware of their problem or potential solutions.
- The prospect understands that they have a problem but does not know which solution is best.
- The prospect knows that they want to solve their problem with a certain type of solution, but has not yet chosen a provider/company.
- Too much awareness: Prospect has narrowed down their decision to certain products and is ready to make a purchase decision.
It is important to have a clear vision of the customer journey, and then create the right content around each step.
The importance of the right content at the right time.
The sales page with the price and the call to action must be reserved for the final stage of the funnel to purchase the product.
A downloadable PDF with simple tips on how to solve the market problem is more appropriate for the first stage of the buyer’s journey.
Keeping the customer travelling, the marketing strategy is mapped in a clear path.
Creating the right message at the right time becomes easy.
3. Easily usable content:
- Most people are obsessed with digital content that is easy to use.
- For example, podcasts have become more popular.
- Audio platform Spotify boosts its 24% growth and engagement to podcasts.
- Users want quick, easy and fast access to everything right from their phones.
- Turn long-form blogs into short videos that shorten the content message and require less time commitment from customers.
- Make sure the blog content is formatted responsibly for mobile devices.
4. Social proof:
- Social proof is a powerful tool in psychology and in any digital marketing arsenal.
- Reviews, testimonials and case studies are excellent ways to show social proof.
- Many customers today browse reviews before making their purchase decision.
Let’s see how each of these social proof indicators can be incorporated into a digital marketing strategy:
Reviews: Getting reviews is very easy (assuming you have a great product).
Contact existing customers for their feedback and ask for permission to place it on the website.
If they are willing to provide a headshot photo, that’s a big bonus.
- These are the best version of the reviews.
- Instead of just one sentence opinion or 5-star rating, you can ask the most passionate customers to record a short video.
- These testimonials can really attract attention and create opportunities on an emotional level while increasing their confidence in the purchase.
- Ideal customers have a problem and they need a solution.
- Case studies show the market how similar individuals or companies can help solve their problems.
- These work specifically for B2B marketing, where very in-depth analysis is done before pulling the trigger.
These 4 key elements can supercharge your marketing campaigns.