Multi-position SEO: –
Having multi-position SEO allows businesses to attract website traffic from different states or countries around the world.
- Multi-location SEO offers many benefits to e-commerce businesses that offer global or international shipping.
- If they have it, one can expand their customer base and grow the business quickly.
- To attract locals from different places, they should probably follow the local SEO strategy.
- Imagine that the business has franchises or branches in different cities or countries.
- One can serve multiple locations or ship products internationally or globally.
- Attracting traffic from customers based on specific location through multi-position SEO.
- Multi-position SEO helps to improve search traffic from different locations.
- Locals who do searches related to relevance or services can see the website at the top of the search results.
- Multi-position SEO allows search engines to distinguish between multiple positions.
- Local customers can find relevant information on products and offers available at nearby outlets.
Advantages of multi-position SEO:
1. Increase local marketing results:
- Marketing efforts can be enhanced by taking advantage of Google’s multi-position SEO features.
- Google provides location-based data, such as drop pin on digital maps, with the exact address of the business, opening hours and other relevant information.
- First-time customers can also use the “Street View” function to easily find the outlet.
2. Attract local customers:
- Multi-location SEO outlet environments can attract more local customers.
- About 45% of all Google search results are related to local information.
- About 70 per cent of customers who conducted a local search visited a store five miles from their current location.
- These figures show that incorporating a multi-position SEO strategy is good for the business.
- When customers search for a local company that offers a specific product or service, search results display local businesses that specialize in it.
3. Raise brand awareness:
- Multi-position SEO raises awareness about a product or service by increasing traffic to product pages.
- When customers use keywords related to business offers, product pages may appear in the top search results.
- Businesses that are SEO optimized for these positions will appear at the top of search results.
- Following a local SEO strategy will increase sales.
- Businesses that want to improve their visibility in the local area can improve their local presence.
E-commerce businesses optimize for multiple locations:
- More and more consumers are switching to e-commerce because it is faster and more convenient.
- The unique advantage of e-commerce is the ability to cater to customers from different places, states or countries.
- Although the e-commerce business is located in the US, the online shop is viewed by consumers in countries such as France, Italy and Germany.
- Start international shipping.
- If the business is not found in the search engine then international customers will not find it.
- Therefore, following a multi-position SEO strategy is crucial for business profits.
- Multi-location SEO is not just about attracting traffic to a website.
- It can also be used to attract customers to their regional website and to create unique pages and content for a specific location.
Steps to optimize for multiple locations:
1. Create a page for each location on the website:
- Create pages based on business or customer location.
- Creating a logical site structure to make it easier for search engines to find landing pages dedicated to a specific area.
For example, if the e-commerce store has different locations, it may receive the following URLs:
theecommercestore.com/locations/newyork (for specific state)
theecommercestore.com/locations/newyork/manhattan (for the specific district).
2. Optimize each page for the position:
- Google does not know if the page is for a specific location unless it tries to optimize it.
- This includes adding a location in the title tag and meta description.
3. Create localized content for each location:
Create localized content based on the products and services available in a specific area.
E-commerce stores may consider creating the following landing pages with different products and services based on each region:
Store Location: Create special landing pages with information about physical outlets (if any).
Ideally, it should have a map and directions with opening hours, address, and pinned location.
Images: Add photos of physical outlets (if any).
Product pages: For products available only in a specific location, create customized product pages based on location.
Service pages: Describe the services provided in a specific location.
Blog Posts: Create blog posts designed to attract local customers based on a specific area.
These efforts ensure that local customers check the website and find information about them when purchasing.
4. Sign up for Google My Business:
- Create a Google My Business account with listings for each location of the business.
- A good listing should include basic business information, product photos, reviews and social media pages.
- About 5% of Google My Business listing impressions lead to calls, clicks or inquiries about direction.
- The list includes reviews from the web, popular times, website links, addresses, contact info, and any other customer-related facts.
- This Google List contains all the information consumers need to know about the business.
- They can order by clicking a button, read reviews and visit the website.
5. Showcase Reviews:
- Consumers regularly search for reviews before considering a purchase from an online store.
- 90% of consumers say that online reviews can influence their purchasing decision.
- A 3-star to 5-star average rating on Google can lead to 25 per cent more clicks.
- Businesses that achieved a 5-star rating also received nearly 70 per cent of clicks on local search, beating other competitors by a large margin.
- Customers can easily write a review by clicking on the Google My Business listing.
- To get more reviews, create an email asking customers to provide a review after the purchase.
- Share reviews or testimonials to encourage customers to share their experiences with the business.
- For better results, customers may be given a small incentive to provide a review such as coupons or freebies.
6. Create local business listings for each location:
- In addition to Google, they can create local business listings on sites such as Yelp and Bing to improve their local search results.
- Like Google My Business listings, it should contain relevant business information such as location, hours and directions.
- Reviews contain key business information such as links, health and safety measures, website links and contact information.
- Consumers like businesses with reviews, so ask customers to provide a review on these listed websites.
- If there are any negative reviews, be sure to respond so that they can satisfy frustrated customers and raise the average review rating.
- Also, add links to these lists on location-specific pages on the Website.
- Customers can get the information they need by clicking a button.
7. Create backlinks for each location:
- Backlinks are a key component in multiple SEOs.
- Businesses that want to improve their ranking in multiple locations should create backlinks to individual pages for each location on their website.
- Host or participate in community events to feature on local websites.
- Partner with organizations that help make an impact and enhance connections with locals.
- Network with journalists participating in news special events and published in local publications.
- To earn more backlinks, they are more likely to increase their rankings in local search results.
Multi-position SEO brings a lot of benefits to the business.
- This will not only provide them with an opportunity to increase brand awareness but also attract local customers.
- Many people conduct local searches, improving customer acquisition results.
- To reap the benefits of this SEO strategy, some need to create a page for business-related positions and optimize the page.
- Get reviews and create local business listings so that customers have a better evaluation of the business.