Emerging technologies in SEO and their applications: –
SEO is a dynamic industry.
An SEO professional needs to be aware of the latest trends and emerging technologies, to keep up with the ever-changing demand of the industry.
Seven emerging technologies in the SEO industry and learn how they impact work as an SEO expert.
1. Natural Language Processing (NLP):
Google officially released the Transformers Bidirectional Encoder Renderings (BERT) algorithm update worldwide.
Google no longer relies on the specific words or phrases that users are searching for to provide them with the correct answers.
To use NLP in SEO processes,
- With NLP, informational content is more crucial than ever.
- Focus on creating high-quality content that answers search queries accurately.
2. Natural Language Generation (NLG) for short-form content:
With NLG, SEOs can now produce meaningful phrases and sentences as a natural language but using technology.
Content creators should be helped to focus only on polishing the content and making it read better.
While there are many use cases for NLG, right now it is best used to write short-form content such as headlines, product descriptions, meeting memos, etc.
To use NLG as SEO,
- There are many use cases for NLG technologies.
- With a tool like Copy.ai, create landing page main text,
- The Facebook main text, blog introductions, email subject lines, lists, meta descriptions, and more.
- If we are starting a new brand like SEO, use the NLG tools to discover amazing slogans to use with the brand.
3. TF * IDF:
TF * IDF stands for “Frequency Term for Document Inverse Frequency”.
It measures how to use a term on a particular page and how it compares to a collection of pages for that specific keyword.
While TF * IDF may seem like a measure of keyword density, it actually measures the importance of a keyword phrase by comparing it to the frequency of that keyword in a large set of documents.
Although it is not yet clear whether Google uses TF * IDF in its algorithm, it is good practice to incorporate it into the on-page SEO strategy.
Before applying TF * IDF, create content targeting a particular keyword.
Once this is done, connect the content to a TF * IDF tool. Some recommended options are Text Tools, SEO PowerSuite, Ryte, and SEO Surfer.
To use TF * IDF in the SEO processes,
- With technology and some keyword information, TF * IDF tools usually suggest a few phrases to add or remove from pages.
- Like SEO, one can optimize the page based on these suggestions to meet the TF * IDF score required for that keyword.
4. GPT-3 for automated content creation:
Generative Pre-trained Transformer Number 3 (GPT-3) has been a hot topic in the SEO industry.
The GPT-3 API works in an interesting way because it was trained with a large number of data sets to mimic how humans write.
This includes the Common Crawl dataset, Wikipedia, relevant historical books, etc.
When the GPT-3 API is given a written message, it tries to predict exactly what would come after that, based on the information that is read on the Internet.
To use GPT-3 for automated content creation:
- Email writing – As SEO, most likely recognize that writing great emails is a skill that will help the business grow, even if it is difficult to doing so.
- With GPT-3, write emails easily.
- Provide some bullet points outlining everything that needs to be covered in the email and it will auto-write.
- Writing the first draft: Creating the first draft is the most difficult aspect of writing.
- With GPT-3, one can create the first draft of the content and then edit it to meet the voice of the brand.
- This saves a lot of time and makes it more efficient.
5. SEO A / B tests:
Most SEOs focus more on user A / B testing and less on A / B SEO testing.
Whereas user testing involves randomly assigning website visitors (users) to different versions of the pages and ultimately deciding which one to use based on performance.
In SEO A / B testing, users are Google bots and not end-users, and they are usually shown the same version of the page.
When implementing SEO / AB testing, show users or Google only one version of the page, and not multiple pages.
To implement SEO / AB tests:
There are different ways to implement SEO A / B testing, depending on what to achieve for the business.
Things that can be tested include:
- Title tags.
- Meta description.
An intermediate/advanced SEO can try other things like:
- AMP pages.
- Internal anchor texts.
- Scheme marking.
- New content, etc.
Running SEO A / B testing will help to know exactly what works well for the brand and what doesn’t.
That way, make more informed decisions when optimizing pages for SEO.
For example, if the traffic dropped to a particular page after making changes to it during the SEO A / B test, it shows that the test did not work.
Start viewing SEO A / B test results as soon as Google crawls the variant page.
If Google crawls the test page within 7-14 days, check it against the main page.
6. Automated optimization of the content on the page:
When creating long-form content, typically:
- Check out the top-ranking pages in the SERPs.
- Review every piece of content ranking on the SERPs.
- Find out the specific titles and subheadings that cover the pages.
Use automated on-page content optimization:
- Instead of spending hours creating content summaries and researching the information included in the content, Use SEO tools like Phrase AI and Content Harmony.
- With Phrase AI, shorten the usage time for content research.
- Automatically check the highest-ranking pages in the SERPs and provide useful information that can use when creating the content.
- These include the best results for the keyword, the statistics and data that can be added to the content, the questions that the target audience asks on Quora, Reddit, and people also ask from Google.
- With a tool like Content Harmony, one can automatically create content summaries that meet search intent in less time.
- Getting started is the keyword.
7. Non-textual content factors:
Non-text content factors are becoming more prominent in SEO because they help create a more enjoyable user experience on website pages.
If reading the content with blocks of text all over it, will most likely find it unattractive to look at.
With Google’s upcoming application of Core Web Vitals, non-text content factors will have a huge impact on SEO.
Some of these non-text content factors include:
- Audio clips.
- Downloadable files as PDF.
Use non-text content factors for SEO:
- Canva: With this tool, create high-quality non-stock images for the pages.
- Venngage: If one wants to create infographics that grab the readers’ attention, use Venngage.
- On video: On video helps to create and edit online videos in minutes with different ready-to-use templates.
- Animaker: if don’t have design experience and want to create animated videos, this tool will be of great help.
These tools make pages and posts more attractive.
Therefore, readers will spend more time on the website and the bounce rate will eventually drop drastically.
Looking to the future of the SEO industry, new technological developments will definitely play a role.
While some of them are already in use, others are still in development.