The Role of Email Marketing to Develop a Business: –
- There are a million things to do to enhance a website.
- Focus on everything from SEO to guest posting to improving site speed.
- They are definitely great things to do.
- However, many people put email marketing aside because they do not see its true value.
- If you are running an online business and do not prioritize email marketing, skip the most valuable Growth Channel and miss out on revenue opportunities.
- Although one of the oldest digital marketing channels, email marketing is the most powerful.
- Used effectively, it can make the difference between being a blogger and being a full-time, standalone content creator.
- If the eCommerce store is running, it may be the difference between some one-time buyers and loyal fans who come back again and again.
Email Marketing Potential:
- Email marketing has been around for a long time – really a long time.
- Conditions have changed a little since then.
- Email marketing is still basically creating an email list and sending email broadcasts.
- Things have become more sophisticated and they have become more challenging.
- Email marketing has an average ROI of 4000%. For every dollar spent, $ 40 is produced.
- Some people claim that the value of an email subscriber is $ 1 per month., So the value of 10,000 email subscribers can be up to $ 10k per month.
Email marketing is a digital marketing channel that reaches out to an audience.
- Google Search and Google Ads.
- Facebook Ads
- YouTube Search and YouTube Ads
- LinkedIn Advertising Marketing Channels.
- Marketing channel as a pipeline used to reach the desired audience.
The difference between “strategy” and “channel” becomes really important.
Learning about keyword research, building backlinks and making sure site speed is optimized is a big effort.
An email marketing system is a money-making machine that is made up of parts.
Whatever the business, there are essentially 4 key components to implementing any email strategy.
- All need to do to start creating an email list is to set up a method for collecting email addresses.
- This is technically referred to as “email capture” or “lead capture”.
- Set up a signup form on the website, where individuals can provide their contact information, usually their first name and email address.
- Although simple on the surface, email capture is a big deal.
There are several methods available for capturing email subscribers.
Here are some policies for email capture:
- Newsletter options
- Free PDF Downloads
- Email courses
Each of these email capture methods can be displayed in different formats.
Most email marketing software, such as
- Constant Contact and
Active Campaign comes with a variety of common email signup tools that can be used.
- Usually, they have basic newsletter options as well as landing pages.
- Once someone has provided their email, it is important to send them a select email before adding them to the email campaign.
- This is usually an automated email, which goes out with a link for the subscriber to click on and confirms that they really want to be on the email list.
This process is called double opt-in because it takes two steps:
- Subscribers provide their email addresses.
- They click on the link that sends them, which gives Express permission to follow up.
Individuals (or robots) often fill in the email field on a website with an email address that is genuine or does not belong to them, especially if there is a promotional offer.
- This will help protect the reputation of the email sender and keep it away from the spam folder.
- By choosing twice, fewer people will receive email subscribers.
- Get high-quality email contacts that are even more engaging.
- These people are less likely to flag emails as spam.
- All email marketing software should have the ability to send an automatic confirmation email when someone joins the list.
- This is commonly referred to as autonomy.
- Systems like ConvertKit, designed specifically for content creators, make it easy to use incentives to get people on the list.
- For example, when you create a ConvertKit form, you can add a PDF file sent to the user as soon as they verify their email.
- This is great because it actually gives the reader more incentive to double opt-in.
- They can not get the desired PDF until they have double verified.
- Most people redirect to PDF as soon as one person registers their email.
- Minimize the chance of getting someone who clicks the double-opt-in link in the email.
- Need to increase attachment with the audience.
- Without a strong connection, it can be very difficult to sell products or get readers to take action.
- One of the best ways is to set up an automated sequence of evergreen content to receive in the subscriber schedule.
- It could be blog posts that the subscriber thinks are of interest, or it could be exclusive email content.
- It’s also a great idea to include some emails in order for readers to ask open-end questions.
- Once you have established a real relationship with the audience, start promoting products and services.
- Selling via email qualifies for its own post.
- Depending on the business, you can sell anything from services to e-commerce products to affiliate offers.
- Establishing a real relationship with the audience sets you up for success with whatever you want to promote.
- Part of the audience is ready to buy a particular product or service at any time.
- This will dramatically increase the conversion rates and ROI in the email system.
- Most email marketing software tools have features that allow readers to delete email sequences when taking specific actions.
- Opening an email or clicking on a link, may require some creativity at the end, but it can only detect links in emails.
- Anyone interested in a particular product or service can click and use that action to add to the relevant sales order.
- Remember how most people end up on a website.
- They do a quick Google search, click the link and scan.
- Instead, it’s best to make calls to action (CTAs) at the top, preferably on high traffic pages.
- These types of forms usually become very poor.
- A lot of people are too busy and they don’t want newsletters cluttering their inbox.
- There are exceptions, but most websites get more email options by providing the main magnet.
- As a content creator, copywriting is one of the most valuable skills one can develop.
- It is important to take the time to really understand what the audience thinks, what their real problems are and how they describe them.
- When they can really speak the language of the audience and include it in the offers, the results will be significantly improved.
- It is also important to use tools that allow you to split and test any copy you provide. Split testing means implementing multiple versions of the offer, comparing how each one works and gradually improving the conversion rate.
- It’s powerful because even though the audience knows it deeply, some words and phrases connect differently than expected and split testing can help find out what works best.
- While fancy HTML is no better than email, plain-text email works just as well.
- This may be the only category of eCommerce that is not true, but only if the product promos.
- If you are sending an email intended to build a connection, tell an article, or stay in touch with an audience, stick to plain text.
- Instead, it is best to provide value that will catch the reader’s attention and that they will want to hear more.
- Here are some powerful list building techniques that can help you grow faster.
- The most common type of lead magnet is probably PDF downloads, which can change a lot.
- To create a high-converting download, one must tap into the reader’s biggest hopes, dreams, fears and anxieties.
- It often helps to think like an ebook or a long blog post and some tool or checklist.
- Checklist ”is very easy to create.
- With a conversion rate of 50%, Quizzes are one of the most powerful email capture tools available.
- Quizzes take time and energy to design.
- There are some different types of quizzes and each of them has its own advantages and disadvantages.
- They are definitely worth the investment if you want to know seriously about increasing the email list.
- With the email series, you get the chance to build a real relationship with the audience.